Established in 1948, Stepney Brothers specialise in all aspects of car/van and commercial vehicle repairs, maintenance and servicing.Founder Mr Peter Stepney established the business in Ditton Walk with clients such as G. Webb, Travis and Arnold and Tanner and Hall to name but a few.
Three generations that built Stepney Brothers Limited.
The business has evolved through three generations. In 1961, the business expanded to a second site based in Comberton where Peter’s sons, Graham and John, established a garage with forecourt services, maintaining clients such as Reeds Corrugated Cases, Shelford Building Supplies and local trade. In 1980, Graham’s son Mark joined the business working alongside his grandfather at the Ditton Walk site, where clients extended to include Spillers Milling and Dominium Oils.
Customer relationships that have lasted over 60 years.
During 1998, with the unfortunate demise in local village garage service requirements, the Comberton site was sold for re-development. The commercial clientele base transferred to the Ditton Walk garage. During 1998-2002, John and Graham retired from the business and Graham’s son Mark continued to take the business forward. In 2008, the Ditton Walk site was re-developed into new, modern and larger workshops incorporating an MOT testing station. The business has evolved through three generations, and now has an extensive clientele base, such as Cambridge City Council, Kershaw Group which was one of our founder customers more than 60 years ago.
We have built an excellent reputation over many years and our dedicated team are recognised for very high quality wokrmanship, and have an ability to cope with large fleets of vehicles.
Competitive without compromising service.
We pride ourselves on being very competitive on price without compromising on quality and service. Our professional and friendly approach has been key to our extensive client list and we cater for the local business through to fleet contracts and more national accounts.